06 September 2006

Becca's first day of school!

Yesterday was Becca's very first day of school. We sent her to PDO last spring, but this was her first day of "real" school. She did really well. Some of the other kids were sobbing and wanting to go home, but not B. She was so excited to be there and just sat right down and got to work. When I went back to pick her up she seemed a little shell shocked, but by the time we got to the van she was chatting up every detail of her day. I think she really had a good time.

After school I took her for a special lunch at Pizza Shoppe. We have an hour to kill between school and skating and Pizza Shoppe is on the way. Becca seemed so happy the rest of the afternoon. We will see how she feels about school tomorrow!

I didn't actually cry, but I was a little sad. It is quite the change of life from having kids and raising kids. All of a sudden they both seem so big! A friend and I went and did a little retail therapy and all was well! I got a 2ft tall paper mache letter D that I am going to paint so that it looks like metal and hang it on my wall. Trust me, that was a necessary purchase!
I vow that tomorrow I will come home and clean during preschool and not waste my time! Posted by Picasa

No comments: