20 October 2006

My craft night project



Wednesday night was my monthly craft night at my friend Beth's house. It was also her anniversary, but her husband "took one for the team" and let the girls come over anyway. Can't mess with the schedule you know! I took Becca's skating dress that needed to be rhinestoned and got to work. I got about 1/3 of it done and seem to be off to a good start. I hope to finish the rhinestoning this weekend. I guess for the first time in my life I can tell people that I spent the weekend stoned! We took the dress for a trial run yesterday at Becca's skating lesson, complete with pink sweatpants and a purple turtleneck. She is the cutest Shirley Temple ever.

All I have left to do is finish rhinestoning the dress, find a way to attach a ribbon sash and ribbon trim on the sleeves, add ruffles to her behind, come up with skate boot covers that look like mary jane shoes, finish the lollipop, buy a hairbow............... in my spare time I think I will broker World Peace. We have just under a month until the competition so I need to get a move on for sure! Posted by Picasa

No comments: