23 January 2007

Our first spiral!

Becca is really working hard at her skating lessons lately. She started back to lessons at the beginning of the year after a Mom imposed hiatus because of her behavior and I think she got the point. It sure has been fun watching her progress, and we are currently preparing for 2 competitions.

Today her coach taught her how to do a spiral- think skate on one leg with the other stretched out behind you. The requirement for mastery of the skill is at least hip height and we were managing mid calf, but she was all smiles while she was doing it. I will try to get a picture of her doing it on Thursday.

It is just such a thrill to see her loving this. Every morning she asks me to take her skating, and on the days we do go there are tears when we have to leave.

Cameron isn't feeling that well so we bagged off on basketball practice for tonight. I sure hope that he isn't on the way to sick and he will feel better tomorrow. I am ditching the family and going to Omaha this weekend for a Sweet Adelines Music School. It's the first time I have been away from all of my family at the same time- I always have to take at least one of them with me- and I am pretty excited. I hope it doesn't snow!

No comments: