05 February 2007

The house of ills

We are all some degree of sick around here and have been for about 3 weeks. It seems like we are never getting better! LOL It's been so bad that we have started missing activities- Becca has missed skating and gymnastics last week and Cameron didn't go to school one day.

I went to Omaha last weekend for a sweet adelines education symposium. It was my first trip alone since I had kids. I had a good time, but we sang for about 10 hours of the symposium. I haven't done that since my college days and my voice was pretty stressed by Sunday. It was a fun time though.

We are busy preparing for Becca's skating competition in a couple of weeks. We get to wear the same dress that she wore in November (yay!) but we have new music. She is skating to a jazzed up version of Mickey Mouse Club march. We are going to skate this program for at least the next 2 competitions and maybe in Chicago in July.

Cameron has been playing basketball and really enjoying it. He really likes his team and they are doing pretty well. It's been adjustment for me, going to a situation where I don't know the parents at all. I guess hockey parents are just something special- you all bond when you have to be at a game an hours drive away that starts before most people get up in the morning.

I have decided to teach myself to knit. I am about 1/3 of the way there. I am still learning how to purl. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't. Once I get that down I am sure you will all be getting knitted gifts. (or in reality, I will be starting knitted gifts for you and you will never see them)

Hopefully we will all be better soon!

No comments: