25 March 2007

Lots of changes!

Last week was quite a doozy- ice show practices started, we are getting ready for Skate KC, Becca had spring break, yadda yadda yadda. This weekend began the major changes though. First we had to pick up Cameron's new bed. Nebraska Furniture Mart on a Saturday afternoon is not the place I want to be. We went a little later in the afternoon thinking that all of the shoppers would be at home preparing to watch the KU game, but apparently they are all KSU fans. After a little glitch in customer service and a 40 minute wait we were on our way. We had left the kids with Bill and Pat and I was soooo glad that they weren't with us. We met up with Stephanie and the kids and ate dinner and let the cousins play for a while. By the time we got home it was too late to start bed assembly (darn:)) so we started this morning. First we had to clear out Becca's bed- she got Cameron's old bed and now she actually has a bed that is a normal height. (and that we didn't pick up off the street, but that is a story for another day) Then we moved Cameron's old bed into Becca's room and began to set up the new bed. It took David about 3 hours to put everything together plus he stopped for lunch in the middle, so it was pretty close to 4pm when he finished. We of course had to run to Target, and got to the task of actually making this monster after dinner. Cameron is now in a loft bed with a desk underneath- it really is the perfect fit for his room and makes his room feel so much bigger! I will say that it is nearly impossible to make the thing though. I am sure we will get faster, but it took darn near 30 minutes to get all the sheets on and stuff. Cameron is now sleeping 6 feet in the air. It took a bit to get him off of the bed because he was scared to come down, but he seems to have mastered that now.

The other big event of the week was telling Cameron that he has Asperger's. I had always wondered about those people who didn't tell their kids things that I thought were important, but I didn't know what to tell him at first and then it kind of never came up. He took it pretty well, and I think he was almost relieved to know that he wasn't just weird, but there was a reason that he was different than the other kids. He is really trying to be more social, and I feel so bad for him because it is just hard for him.

We have reached the last week of David working at Reuters. It is definitely an odd feeling knowing that he doesn't have a job offer yet and that he will be at home. He went on an interview last week that seems very promising and they will be making their decision sometime this week. I know that there is a job out there for him, I just hope for his sake that it doesn't take too long for him to find. I know that he will worry about being home.

Other than that, Becca has a big birthday this week and we have the last skating competition of the season this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get some good pictures up on the blog. Her dresses are so cute and she seems ready to go. I hope that she skates well this weekend.

I think I am off to bed. There still is so much for me to do in the kids rooms tomorrow. Ack!

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

HA HA HA .. your title fits your blog quite well!!! This is great!! I hear ya on the summer sports coming up.. we are all signed up for softball, baseball and tennis.. YIKES!! But this is my favorite season... time to get back on the track and walk while kids practice.. YAY!!!
Keep up the great work!!