19 March 2007

Bet you thought I was never coming back!

A combination of activities and frustration with Blogger has caused me to stay away for a while, but things seem to have evened out a bit lately. Basketball is over, so it is time to start summer sports. We signed Cameron up for baseball today and he will be starting kid pitch the middle of April. I tried to talk him into playing spring hockey, but it appears that train has left the station. Sometimes he will skate during public session, but he just isn't interested in playing anymore. I'm just glad that he hasn't expressed any interest in soccer- I am just not a soccer mom! That obnoxious noise that you hear coming from our direction is Cameron's new drum set. He loves to play it, but it is so loud that I am afraid someone will call the police on him.

We had our first ice show rehearsal tonight. Becca is going to be a bride and she is skating to "Goin to the Chapel". There are 6 other girls in her group and they are cute as heck. For the first time this year she is not in the tots group. They are actually calling her group supertots, but there is a small group of skaters that are less advanced than her group. I think she is still the youngest skater in the show though. She is also busy preparing for SkateKC on April 1. We have entered 3 events and got a good time draw- our first event isn't until almost noon. Gymnastics is going well. They are working on front flips off the beam and this strange back handspring off the beam onto a mat thing. I am amazed that she isn't scared of these things, but she always has a smile on her face.

We have been drug kicking and screaming into the current technological age- we actually have a video camera now. Hopefully I will be able to get some good footage of the kids activities. I played with it a bit at gymnastics today and I will probably bring it to skating tomorrow, that way I will have some experience working it before SkateKC.

David's last day working is now March 30. He had a very positive job interview today and they called him to have him meet with one last member of the team on Wednesday. It seems very positive, and keeping fingers crossed, we think they will make an offer. The job is much closer to home and we would only be paying taxes to one state for a change. He has made his first available start date April 16- he would probably fudge on that a bit if necessary, but he would really like to take some time if he could.

That's all for now, I think I am going to head for bed. It's been a long few days around here.

No comments: