12 November 2007

A winning weekend

Another weekend, another 48 hours at the ice rink. Well, not really 48, but plenty. Cameron has been working really hard to make a select team, so we are spending some extra time there preparing for tryouts in addition to the hockey game this weekend and Becca's competition.

Apparently Cameron's hard work has paid off. He not only blew past the defenders and scored a goal straight from the face off, but he also got 3 assists. I wasn't there to see it, but based on the way he plays when I am there versus the way he plays when I can't be there leads me to believe I should stay home more often. LOL

While David took Cameron to one rink for his game I took Becca and headed to our home rink for her competition. She was entered in 6 events which makes for a long day, plus I was in charge of the synchro raffle. It was a wonderful day for her. I think we came to a point where everything in the world aligned and she ended up with 5 first place ribbons and 1 second place. She skated so well! At this point we are entering "training" season. There are no competitions until the beginning of March so we are going to focus entirely on new skills. Hopefully by next March she will have her waltz jump, although I doubt it will be ready to compete.

We are now less than a month from our trip to Disney World. I feel completely unprepared and have quite a list of things to get done before we go.

I updated my web albums this morning, so there are lots of new pictures. Take a look!

No comments: