25 January 2008

Random musings

Well, I guess it has been a while since I updated. I didn't think it had been that long. Oops! We had a wonderful trip to Disney and a nice Christmas. Our family expanded by 4 feet, we got a new puppy when we came home from Disney. He is a black Cocker Spaniel named Coal. It has been interesting adjusting to a new dog after 2 years without one. He is a pretty good boy, but I forgot how much work a dog can be. His favorite food is paper, and with 2 kids dropping stuff behind them he gets to indulge quite often with things that our other dogs never got.

I have about 800 pictures to sort through from out Disney vacation. Even David had fun- despite the fact that he was adamant that he wouldn't. Not "wear around a Goofy shirt" kind of fun, but I think it is pretty guaranteed that we will return in a few years. Going in December was perfect!! There were no lines and we were able to basically walk on every ride. I can see how waiting in a lot of line could really make you apprehensive about going back.

Becca has added a couple of extra competitions to her schedule. We went to one last weekend and she will be going to another one in about 4 weeks, in addition to the ones scheduled at the end of March and mid April. School is going well and she is very excited for Kindergarten roundup in March.

Cameron is almost finished with his hockey season and is still playing the drums. he enjoys school as well and is currently working on a project about famous black Americans. He chose Matthew Henson the explorer. I don't know much more about Matthew Henson, so I look forward to reading his report.

I am going to try to go through my pictures and get some up in my shared pics folder.

No comments: