14 May 2008

The Gradute

 

 


Last night Becca graduated from Pre-school. It's a silly thing, really, to graduate before you even start school, but I think for Becca it was a significant step in her eyes. Almost like a validation that she is ready to go to school. I can't believe that she is going. It seems like yesterday that I sent Cameron off to Kindergarten and now I am sending Becca. She is more than ready to go- she can read, do simple addition and subtraction in her head, and count to 100 by ones, fives, and tens. If anything, Kindergarten isn't ready for her.

It seems harder for me this time. I think it's because when Cameron went to school I still had a tiny baby to distract me. Now I am left with life altering decisions- do I go back to work? What will I do all day by myself? Should I go back to school?

I won't be making any decisions right away- fall is the beginning of the skating season, plus we are going to DisneyWorld in December so it will be after Christmas before I can really do anything. By then some of the decisions will make themselves. Right now I need to concentrate on getting the roof replaced and planning our trip to Mt Rushmore in June.

I think I have had enough deep thinking for the evening. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Alright you found me! How was your trip? We had a great time... wish we had more than one day though! Maybe we will take a long weekend sometime. I am excited to see you have a blog... hope you dont mind that I add it to my list of sites to see.