15 June 2008

Yes, I did look up George Washington's nose!

 


We had a wonderful vacation last week to the black hills of South Dakota! I am now threatening to move to Spearfish, SD and buy a nice house somwhere along the Spearfish Canyon. I just have to find David a job........... :)

We only had 3 full days to see everything, but we seemed to get it all in. We saw Custer State Park and the Needles Highway, plus part of a roaming buffalo herd that lives there. We went to Crazy Horse monument, and then headed to Mt Rushmore- that was the first day! LOL We went to Bear Country USA and rode the 1880 Train, and then finally we went to Deadwood and Spearfish. While we were in Spearfish we went to an historic Fish Hatchery, and traveled along the scenic Spearfish Canyon. We caught a gunfight in Deadwood, and the kids met "Wild Bill" Hickok and Calamity Jane. I played the slots for the first time ever in Deadwood and walked away a winner- I started with $1 and ended up with $2.50.

Once I get everything sorted out I will post more details of our trip. I came home to a birthday party and have jumped right back in to the rink.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: