28 February 2007

Interesting Times

Well, maybe not so much :). It was a long weekend for sure. Friday night I had a business meeting for my chorus and Saturday morning Beth scheduled a group of us for a breakfast and bra fitting at Nordies. It was fabulous fun. I highly recommend having that done. I had no idea that they were actually supposed to be up there. We had a wonderful yummy breakfast and a great time. Cameron had a basketball game that afternoon, and by the time it was over I was wiped out.

Sunday was Becca's competition. We had to leave the house about 6:45am and it was brutal! We actually made it out the door by about 6:47 or so and I was impressed that we weren't later than that. I am still new at the competition thing and it overwhelms me a bit, but I got my act together a lot quicker this time. She only skated one event but she was the cutest skater out there for sure! She wore the same dress as Fall Fling, but this time we skated to a cut of Mickey Mouse March from Disney's On The Record. She skated really well and was so excited to go out and skate that she was hopping around in the staging area. Since she only did about 2 backward wiggles and her dip was very short she ended up 4th out of 4. It was a bit of a sting to the mommy ego- how could they possibly score my baby on what she did! Didn't they notice she was the cutest one out there???- but I noticed a significant improvement from fall fling and that is what matters. We are now busy preparing for a competition on April 1. We are entering 3 events in that competition, so I will be spending most of my day at the rink. Rehearsals start for the ice show on March 16th. We are doing a Viva las Vegas theme this year. I think Becca is going to be in a group of girls that are brides.

Monday night was Cameron's child led parent teacher conference. I was so proud of him. The first station was math and he had a worksheet of problems to answer. Aside from the fact that he seemed nervous he did a great job doing the work. Math is not his favorite subject, but he has come a long way this year. The second station was making inferences from written material. After reading the short story at the station, they were supposed to use examples from the story to define the word obsessed. Even though he didn't define it the same way his teacher did, she was impressed with the way he used his examples. It was definitely an answer that she would accept on an assignment. The last station was a few examples of how his writing has improved over the course of the year. Writing is the area that Cameron really shines. Overall, he is doing very well at school. He has made big strides this year in his schoolwork. His teacher had lots of wonderful things to say about him and how great of a class helper he is.

Last night when David came home from band (at 11pm) he told me about an interview he has today. Of course he needed to have his pants and shirt washed/ironed since he hasn't worn dress clothes in probably 2 years or so. I informed him that if he takes a job that requires wearing clothes that have to be ironed he had better be making enough money for me to take all of his work clothes to the cleaners. At the very least I will be upgrading my iron and ironing board.!

Beth was kind enough to video Becca's skating program, so I will see if I can post it to YouTube. The good news for Beth is that I think I have finally talked David into buying a video camera so she won't have to do it anymore!

I guess it is time to get my day started. I am off to run errands and take Becca to gymnastics and hopefully this afternoon I will get a nap!

No comments: