05 July 2006

Fun on the Fourth

We had a good time on the fourth. We chose to hang close to home for most of the day, and then we headed out to the band's annual picnic and concert. This year it was just the 4 of us, so it was only me to do child wrangling during the concert. Cameron and Becca couldn't wait for the fireworks to start. They patiently (HA) held off until the fireworks started- at which point Becca freaked out. She informed me that she wasn't watching anymore and begged me to cover her with a blanket. It was such a shock to me that she was scared. She had really enjoyed the smaller fireworks we shot off with the neighbors the night before, and had been so excited to see the big pretties. Cameron has forgotten the years he was terrified of fireworks, and just didn't understand why she was scared. Becca did tell me today that she thought she would like fireworks when she was 4. Posted by Picasa

No comments: