27 July 2006

My first *ever* PTA Meeting

Somehow in Cameron's last 3 years in school I have avoided going to the PTA meetings. But with the new school opening up I decided to get a little more involved this year. I am now the head of the outside activities committee and we have our first meeting tonight. I will be in charge of scheduling all of the Ci Ci's nights, the skating parties, and any other outside of school activity that we choose to do.

I hope that I am not getting in over my head. I really do not like to lead committees much- I am more than happy to do the grunt work, but leading really worries me.

On the upside, we get to meet the new principal tonight. He is the second principal that our school has had and we haven't even finished the building yet. I really liked the old principal, but his father became ill and he moved home to take care of his family farm and his mom- can't fault a guy for that! I am nervous about this new principal. All of his notes to us have been very terse and he just doesn't seem friendly at all. I am sure all will be fine though.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Did you survive? I'm sure it will be fun; painful but fun... says the person who always manages to volunteer for something.

Kelley said...

I did- I am now only in charge of skating parties, they had more volunteers than they expected so I am on easy street! I'll get those set up and maybe a couple of gymnastics nights and then I am good to go.