17 July 2006

My Zuchini Friend and a Gymnastics Update

Shortly after we came home last night the doorbell rang. We didn't hear it, but about 5 minutes later Cameron came downstairs and asked who was at the door. David went and checked, and this is what he found. It was leaned up against our railing and it scared the crap out of the kids. Becca thought that Mr. Zuchini walked up and rang the doorbell himself and was there to eat her. Cameron was very worried that someone was playing a trick on us and racked his brain trying to figure out who it was.

Turns out that it was the neighbors across the street that we buddy around with sometimes. We aren't close to our neighbors, but this particular family have been quite friendly to us. They have a son that is a year younger than Becca and my kids really like to play with him. Jessica (the wife and mom) has been growing a garden this summer and grew this huge zuchini. I don't eat zuchini, but apparently they don't taste very good when they get to be this large so she whittled a face and doorbell ditched it at my house. I told her that I knew where to go when I needed my Halloween pumpkins carved!

My Zuchini Friend now takes a place of honor on my kitchen counter where he enjoys bedtime stories and fruit snacks (but he is not too keen on vegetables).

On a side note, Becca really did a great job at gymnastics today. She is landing on her feet during her back handsprings, although I think it will be a while before she is fully performing them on her own. She just doesn't have the backward jump down yet. She can do a forward roll off of the balance beam onto a mat and her positions are getting really tight- for a 3 year old. It is amazing to see how quickly she is progressing now that we have changed her to the developmental program. It is so much fun to watch all of the girls in her class- they all have different strengths and it is neat to watch them progress. We are becoming a close knit group of moms as well. We have many things in common and I am starting to really enjoy the time we spend together watching our girls. Posted by Picasa

No comments: