17 July 2006

Saturday night dinner

On our last night in Omaha we went to a restaurant called Spaghetti Works in the Old Market District. Parking was crazy in the Old Market District and it took Steph and I about 20 minutes just to find a place to park. Luckily only Emma was in the van with us and we dropped her off in front of the restaurant during one of our trips around because by the time we found a place to park everyone else had waited for a table, been seated, and gotten their drink orders! The food was pretty good, and we were in the back room with a bachelorette party so it didn't matter that the kids were a little rowdy. Over all, we had a great time and I am eager to take the kiddos back to Omaha. The Old Market District is a beautiful area with lots of fun one of a kind stores and restaurants. The streets are
all brick and there are horse and carriage rides. We didn't go there until dinner, but I think that next time we go to the zoo I would really enjoy spending time strolling around shopping. After dinner we all walked down to a candy shop and got some treats and headed back to the car. It was then that I had my first "celebrity" sighting. I would swear that I saw Cezar Milan- the Dog Whisperer. David didn't see him, but I KNOW it was him that walked by.

We went back to the hotel, and even though it was late we took Becca and Cameron swimming. They ended up swimming until the pool closed at 11pm! We dried them off and tucked them into bed and got everything ready to go so we could head out the next morning. I think that they had a really good time with all of the activities we went to and I know they look forward to going to the zoo again. I am really glad that we went!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: