01 August 2006

Another year older

Yesterday was my birthday. I am not sure how I feel about that. It just isn't quite as exciting as it was when I was a kid, and I am not quite to the point of just being thankful to have made it another year. David took a vacation day and we got to spend time together as a family. We had birthday cake for breakfast and the kids were thrilled. That was seriously the best tradition I have ever started. David got to see Becca at gymnastics and she put on quite a show for him.

We had dinner at David's parents and I made Jerk Pork tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, and green beans with almonds. It didn't quite all go together, but the food was pretty good. It was nice that everyone could be together. After dinner the adults played Scene-It (and the girls won because WE RULE) and then had cake from Coldstone. Really, it was a pretty great day!

No comments: