16 August 2006

The first day!

Well, today was the day we have all been waiting for- the first day at our new school! Cameron rode the bus to school this morning and she was early! I only had to make one trip to school this morning because their lunch payment system was down and I needed to take lunch money to school. I love the layout of the new school- they have double doors and the second set of doors is locked so no one can get in without having to go through the office.

I kept myself busy while Cameron was at school with a trip to Costco and our annual first day of school lunch with friends. The day went way too fast and before I knew it I had to go pick Cameron up.

The pick up line was a nightmare! They let the kids out of school 10 minutes late and even though the principal tried to keep it organized it was still a mess. I started out about 15 cars back in line and it took almost 25 minutes to get out of the circle drive in front of the school.

Cameron really hasn't had much to say about his first day yet. Hopefully he will open up more about it by the end of the night. He has a little bit of homework, but nothing too bad.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good first day. Posted by Picasa

No comments: