22 August 2006

The sweet taste of success!

We have known for a while that Becca could do a 1 foot glide in skating- she just didn't realize it yet. Her Coach has been holding her back in group lessons, trying everything that she knows just to get her to lift one skate off the ice for 5 seconds. She needs this skill to go on to the next set of lessons so it was really standing in her way.

Today while we were getting skates on, Becca and Amy were having some kind of conversation and Becca said "I *LOVE* chocolate ice cream!" Amy told her that if she did a 1 foot glide her mom would probably buy her chocolate ice cream. I agreed figuring she wouldn't do it and it wouldn't be any big deal. Not only did she do the 1 foot glide, she did it about 10 times. She then went on to put some really good effort into her crossovers, and I think she is on her way to perfecting that skill as well.

Sometimes it frightens me what that girl can accomplish when she decides the time is right.

Oh- I realize that she is eating a hot fudge sundae in the picture- that is what she thinks chocolate ice cream is. I have tried to convince her otherwise, but I decided it just isn't worth the battle at this point. :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: