20 February 2007

What's new around here-

Nothing!!! Everything seems to stay the same at our house. We have a basketball game and a skating competition this weekend and next week is parent teacher conferences. The biggest thing coming up is Skate for a Cause, a benefit to help Marta's family and another family that lost their mom to cancer in January. It is a night of skating with a silent auction, and we have some wonderful things coming in! Signed hockey jerseys, footballs, and other sports stuff, plus a ton of other stuff. Until Marta was diagnosed with cancer I was totally unaware of how expensive it can be. So many of the the medicines are not covered by insurance- the chemo is, but none of her anti-nausea meds were because they were considered unnecessary. Between the cost of the meds, the cost of spending days on end away from home and the fact that she was only able to work about 12 out of the last 24 months it can become overwhelming quickly. In true fashion, Dan has never complained and only agreed to the fundraiser if it included another skating family.

After a very draggy sick weekend I seem to be on the mend just in time to head out to craft night!:) It is at Beth's house, who recently found out that she was expecting a little Herbert in June. We have been calling the baby Pearl and she since the pregnancy was discovered, but it appears that we were wrong. All the same, it will be exciting to welcome a new little guy to their family.

I am knitting my very first scarf- all in knit stitch. After I finish that I will knit a scarf entirely in Purl stitch and then I think I will be ready to go. After that I think I might be able to make something that isn't in a rectangular shape!

We are closing in on the 30 day mark- David's last day of work is April 2. I am not sure what I am going to do with him here at home. Wish us luck on the job search.

I think I am going to run get a couple of things done before David gets home from band, and then I am headed to bed.

No comments: