10 September 2008

Back in the groove

Ah- the school year schedule is underway! We only have to add dance class next week and then we are set. I think we are adding swimming lessons for Cameron in the next couple of weeks, but then that is really it.

We have had some exciting things going on around here. Monday they tested Becca for the reading challenge at school. I haven't heard if she got in or not, but it's hard for me to imagine that she didn't. Cameron was one of only 2 kids that got an A on his Social Studies test, and synchro started up again. Becca started her new class- Bronze Freestyle- and loved it! I looked out on the ice and she was landing toe loops left and right. They looked really good, even her coach was surprised. she must have landed 20 of them!

It looks like we will be going on an all girls trip to Arkansas for the Ozark Invitational skating competition. Aunt Stephanie and cousin Emma are going to join us. We are in progress with getting dresses made and I started stoning a cowboy hat this afternoon. All I have left to do is figure out how to build a fence for her to pull out on the ice and I am done.

I shadowed my cousin Carrie at her job on Tuesday. She works for the company that takes the newborn pictures in the hospital. It was really pretty fun and I think I might be interested in working for that company as well. We will have to see what comes of it.

Becca has a cheer clinic this weekend and next Friday night she will get to cheer at the high school football game during halftime. I am hoping that I can convince her that is enough cheering for the fall.

My allergies are horrible right now, but they were talking on the news this morning about how they are expecting an early freeze and colder weather. I was so excited to hear that!

ugh, I've got to get the backpacks together and get to bed. Becca has an early lesson tomorrow. I think skating is going to force me into being a morning person. blech!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness, I reamember those early morning lessons from when I skated! My poor Mama must have been exhausted. I can totally "picture" you as a newborn photog!