02 September 2008

Did you know that life isn't fair?

Ugh- I am not a fan of 5th grade! Cameron forgot to bring home something from his science notebook for me to sign- the consequence of that action is he misses his entire recess tomorrow. I think it is a little harsh, but I don't get to make the rules. I am pretty sure at this point that it will be a good long time before he forgets to bring something home again. The downside for me at this point is now he is in a total rage about the situation and the fact that it isn't fair. I tried explaining to him that it was fair, he knew ahead of time that missing recess was the consequence of not having all his papers signed. He didn't have to like it, and he could think that the rule was wrong, but it absolutely was fair. That was not what he wanted to hear. He is currently locked in his room and is never going to school again. Honestly, this is the part that just wears me out. You can not reason with him, nothing is going to convince him that missing recess isn't the end of the world, and he is basically inconsolable- and he will be until he gets home from school tomorrow. Ack- it gives me a headache.

I also went and registered Becca for dance tonight. The line was pretty long, but she is in the class at least. I saw a couple of familiar faces- Valerie that recommended that Becca take classes there and Donna who was her teacher this summer. I am still not quite comfortable there yet. I am just so spoiled by knowing so many people at the rink and having been there so long that I practically could work there. It is a very nice place though.

I guess that we are off the cheerleading. Becca would love to do it, but I can't seem to get this one place to give me information and cheerleading at the place she did gymnastics just doesn't fit into her schedule. I think I will sign her up for a clinic hosted by the high school cheerleaders. Maybe I can convince her that is all there is!

I think David is home from band and I need to get the laundry started. I think I need to plan in a nap tomorrow!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It was GOOD to see you last night!
Last year, the studio did a cheer camp. I don't know if Becca's old enough, but you should definitely look into it. Emily isn't cheering this year. She has ballet at the same time.

Kiera said...

I have the hardest time with the "pay it back with your recess" thing... Our kids need to play... Even adults get a few smoke breaks during the day... So I may have to side with Cameron here... it does not seem fair!