29 August 2008

I went back to school!

Last night was back to school night- my first ever with 2 kids in school. That was a rush! Luckily I have the correct age spacing so I could make both teacher presentations. I went to Becca's classroom first. I was just dying to ask her about how much trouble Becca was getting in. Everyday she comes home with a story about how she got in trouble- not laying down during rest time, etc. Her teacher was totally surprised with that information. She told me that Becca had been a perfect angel since school started. It came as a bit of a relief to me, as I know that Becca can be prone to a bit of misbehavior, but not really a surprise. I had figured that if Becca had been in all the trouble she thought she was in I would have heard from the teacher by now. It was really neat to sit next to all the parents of the girls I have heard so much about the past 3 weeks and hear that they had heard about Becca too. I skipped the principal meeting and went to talk to Cameron's 4th grade teacher. It was great to get to talk to her for a few minutes. Then it was time to go to 5th grade. I wasn't excited for Cameron to have her, and really last night didn't make me feel a ton better about her. Cameron thinks she is nice enough, so we will have to see what the year holds.

Last night was the final summer synchro, so I can cross Thursday night skating off my list. When synchro starts in 2 weeks we will be at our regular Tuesday time slot. Yay! I know that if I do something all summer it should become a routine, but it just seems so off to have synchro on Thursday when I know it will be on Tuesday eventually. And I wonder why Cameron is the way he is! ha

We are officially double digits for our trip to Disney- 99 days from now we will be in Disney World. Really the trip is under control from an organization standpoint but there is always more that can be done!

I am meeting an old friend at the airport this morning before she heads out of town. David used to work with her husband at Reuters. They are from Austrailia and left the country when Becca was a baby. I have been trying to hook up with her all week, and it has finally come down to this. It will be nice to see her again. If I don't get in the shower I will never get there though.

Nothing exciting planned for Labor Day weekend- oh well. Maybe some stuff can get done around the house!

No comments: