16 June 2008

Bear Country USA

On Wednesday we all headed to Bear Country USA. It is a drive through animal park that is really pretty neat. There were quite a few different kinds of animals to see- bears, of course, but also reindeer, timber wolves, buffalo, and goats. There were more than those, but they are the ones that stick out in my mind.

 


I learned quite a few things- like the fact that at least during the late spring reindeer antlers are fuzzy.....
 


 


After driving through the animal area you could get out of your car and go to a place called babyland. They had all kinds of baby animals in fenced areas so that they were safe from the other species but could still interact with each other. We spend quite a while watching a group of baby bears playing with each other. They flopped around with each other and climbed trees. They were the cutest things I had ever seen. I could have stood there and watched them all day.
 


Bear Country was one of my favorite things that we did on this trip. It was a bit touristy, but it was a lot of fun. I had never seen a bear up close like that, the closest I had ever been was at the zoo. These bears were just roaming around the car! It certainly made for an exciting morning!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: