22 June 2008

I knew there was a reason I don't go to baseball practice!

 


Cameron loves baseball- I am more of an "indoor sports" kind of girl. It always seems so hot at baseball and I get whiney in the heat. I faithfully go to baseball games because I love my son, but I avoid practice like the plague.

Now I know why. HA!

Cameron was on first base and our pitcher was playing third. He threw it to Cameron and I guess he lost it in the sun. Cameron moved his glove to find the ball and it smacked him right in the cheekbone. The poor kid felt terrible, but sometimes things like this happen. David and the coaches made sure he had all his teeth (and to think that most people ask me if I worry about him losing his teeth in hockey) and then asked him if he wanted to rest a bit. He decided to keep playing and the rest of practice was uneventful.

If I had my way, we would have headed straight to the doctors office when he got home. Heck, I probably would have freaked out and called an ambulance or something if I had been at practice. Baseballs to the head seem so dangerous to me. Aside from the fact that the swelling is making it difficult to understand his speech a little bit he is fine- without mom running him to the doctors office. I can't wait to see what he looks like today!

Baseball pictures are Wednesday- I am sure he will look lovely by then!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: