25 June 2008

The past couple of days

It's been an interesting couple of days around here.

Yesterday Becca had power skating and group lessons, and ended up taking an open spot for a private lesson with her coach. I guess in the middle of power skating she was in hysterics and the coach went over to see what was wrong. She has previously not had trouble during power skating, so it was a bit perplexing, but she is five and sometimes things she has been fine with are suddenly too hard. Come to find out, the pull on the zipper of her club jacket had come off. Coach Debbie put the pull in her pocket and everything was fine. I am hoping that she passes her group lesson class this session. She is so close and most of her friends moved on last session. If she doesn't, I am sure that it will only take one more session to get through. The summer sessions are 4 weeks instead of 6, and sometimes those extra 2 weeks are just what she needs to get the skills. She started working on her salchow last night as well. I can't believe that my baby is working on her first full rotation jump!

She also took her first dance class today. Of all the things she has done, she has never taken a dance class. I think she had a good time, but dance is just drop off so I don't know. There is a small recital in July, and she is pretty excited about that. Becca asked me on the way home why she was doing this, and I told her that it was because I thought she would have fun. What she really meant was "when do people get to watch me do this". Once she found out that there were recitals, with costumes no less, she is ready to sign up for life.

Tonight was Cameron's next to last baseball game. They beat the other team 14-2 or something lopsided like that. Cameron had a triple with 2 RBI's and was walked at his only other at bat. They put him out on first base right away, but I guess there were no runners for the other team so it wasn't very exciting- not like Saturday at any rate. His last game is Monday night, and I think he will be pretty sad for the season to be over. I am going to call and see if I can find a place for him to play fall ball. It can be hard to find a team since most leagues only accept full team registrations, so I feel like I really need to get on the ball (ha ha) with this.

Not much coming up in the next few days, I think I am just going to hang out at home!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't believe baseball is OVER! We won't be there Monday. Matt will be at camp. Yeah, I'm a bad mom. I forgot.

I'm excited about Becca being in the recital WITH ME (and Emily, Matt and Mikey, too, of course HA HA)

KEEP IN TOUCH.