26 August 2008

Finally!

We had a big skating moment tonight- Becca finally passed the pewter freestyle class! She has been in this class since JANUARY. In her defense, it is a tough class and she was the first 4 year old in the class. I am expecting a long stay in the bronze freestyle class since it contains a salchow, a toe loop, and half lutz, and a change foot spin. She is pretty close on her salchow, is moving forward pretty quick with her scratch spin, and just started her toe loop yesterday.

Cameron and David went to an Orchestra meeting tonight. Cameron is going to start playing the violin at school after labor day. I guess that I will be heading out later this week to get him a violin. I don't know if he will play more than just this year or not, in 6th grade band is an option and he will be able to play the drums. I think he will enjoy it though.

We have officially started school- Cameron has had homework every day since last Friday. Becca even brought homework home today. Cameron has had all math homework. I hate math homework. It's a good thing I have David to help him do it. Much to Becca's dismay they are working on letter recognition at school. Her homework tonight was to have me read her the title and first page of a book and then help her find the end of the book. I made her do all the reading.

Things are well here. I am getting used to the quiet, and noticing the days going by faster. Right now I am ready to head to bed though. :)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Check into renting the violin from the school, especially if he isn't sure he's going to stick it out. We did that for Emily's baritone, for $50 a school year, and last year, she switched to a flute (of which we happened to have one on hand LOL). Matt has shown ZERO interest in strings this year. I think piano's enough for him. He's just waiting to bang on drums next year. My poor aching head! I am proud of Becca for nearly getting her salchow. I remember when my sister mastered that. She KNEW she was a primo skater then. I never mastered it, but I could USUALLY throw and land it. It just wasn't pretty HA.