04 August 2008

Lots of stuff going on!

Ah- we just got off a busy week at ISI Worlds in Denver! Becca skated really well and made some new friends along the way. She got first in Couples Spotlight, Light Entertainment Spotlight, and her Solo skate. She skated really well in her Character Spotlight until an unfortunate fall on her catch foot and that dropped her to third. She got the dreaded :) "also skated" in her least favorite event, stroking. We keep putting her in stroking and she never does very well- this time she didn't really even try. After calling her coach I think we may skip the stroking events from now on. Depending on what level her coach decides to compete her in the fall, stoking may not even be an event that she can sign up for.

Cameron stayed at home and took a vacation with Grandpa around town. They hit the zoo, a movie, and he went swimming with his cousins. He was *much* happier here then he would have been in Denver. Now all that is left is to ponder a trip to San Jose next July for ISI Worlds...............

I thought I might have a minutes rest when I got home, but I immediately went to a baby shower and for the rest of the week we have skating, cheerleading practice and drums, the first synchro practice of the season, and Synchropalooza- the yearly synchro skating camp that Becca has to be at Friday and Saturday. Throw in my nephew Andrew's birthday and David playing in the pit band for a show that runs this weekend and I won't know which was is up by Sunday! I love these end of summer weeks where we try and cram in every last thing possible before school starts!

Just as an aside, Cameron still has an area the size of a dime on his cheek that is bruised. I am not sure it is ever going to go away!

My birthday passed rather uneventfully, although we did go to Benihana with some of the other people that went to Denver to skate. I am getting to know the figure skating parents more and really enjoying it.

I'm off to bed- I have not quite gotten it together since I got back. I didn't get enough sleep in Denver and I am not getting enough here yet. Lack of sleep makes me forget things! I did finish the last book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. The movie comes out in December- I don't usually have good luck with movies made from books I have read, but I think I will give this one a try. I think now I am going to read "Dead Before Dawn". I am kind of on a vampire kick right now. It will give me something to do when the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks. Have a good night!

No comments: