22 August 2008

One week down.....

The kids made it through the first week of school. There was only a little trouble for Becca. She had some problems with remaining in the recline position during rest time, and a run in with a boy over a carpet square. She wanted his square, so she told him to get out of her way. I guess I don't have to worry that she will allow people to boss her around.

Cameron is no longer sitting next to his "mortal enemy" and seems to be adjusting to school. He actually brought homework home for the first time today. This is the first year that he has ever had weekend homework- I don't think I really enjoy it. He got measured for a violin at school and is going to play with 5th grade strings. He decided not to play hockey this year, but he will still have his drums, the violin, and I think he is going to play basketball. My plan is to get him enrolled in private swimming lessons as well, although he is not nearly so impressed with that.

It's been tough to get used to the quiet around the house. I have waited years to be alone, and now I don't know what to do with my self! Word on the street is that I will get used to it. It was nice to head to the doctor today and not have to find a sitter or ask grandparents. We only have 3 and a half months until we go to Disney- maybe I can spend the time planning that trip!

I did get some exciting news at the doctor today. The nodes on my vocal cords are gone. He really didn't have an explanation for why I still can't sing, maybe you do lose it if you don't use it! I am going to keep on my reflux diet to keep them from returning, and he made some changes in my allergy meds, but otherwise I am fine.

I decided that I am going old school with my birthday present. We are headed to Crown Center so that I can get a Franklin Planner with my birthday money. I have tried all of the "new hotness" methods, and it seems that I am just a paper and pen kind of gal.

We have quite the boring weekend planned- all we have is a birthday party on Sunday for one of Becca's friends. Maybe I will get something done for a change!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What an awesome week! I can't believe Cam's giving up hockey this season. Did you get the Studio 10 info for Becca?

Kiera said...

I am totally with you on the "quite house!" I miss the kids something terrible! Happy Birthday! When do you go to Disney? I am getting the bug again... like I do every year!