14 August 2008

Meet the Teacher Night

Well, I survived my first Meet the Teacher with 2 kids in school. Let's just say it is overwhelming!

We met Cameron's teacher first. She seems okay, but he doesn't have any of his friends in his class. To make matters worse, there are a few boys in his class that he doesn't like. One of the boys that brought him a lot of problems in 3rd grade, and one boy that he has had problems with since kindergarten. I tried to put a positive spin on it for Cameron, but the fact is I am worried. I just have a gut feeling that this is going to be a long year for him. He was pretty disappointed in the situation and is not very excited to go to school now. Hopefully he will develop a more positive attitude in the next couple of weeks.

Becca's teacher comes with very good reviews. I know quite a few people who have had her, and they all just think she is the best. With Kindergarten there is no anxiety about having friends in class and everything is new. I didn't recognize any of the kids that were there, but there seem to be a lot of girls in her class. She has seemed very unsure of the whole going to school thing lately, but I am sure a few days in class and she will be fine. Because of the later start to our school day (9:05-4:05) she will be skating on Monday and Thursday mornings for the school year.

I think I will have to make an appointment for a pedicure for the first day of school in addition to my annual lunch with friends. I am afraid that it will be way too quiet for me to be at home on Tuesday!!

No comments: