14 August 2008

I never thought this would happen to someone I knew...

It seems that earlier today my second cousin was murdered. They think that it was a case of domestic violence, and I think that her kids were there when it happened. What a tragedy for those children to have to witness their mother die at the hands of her boyfriend. Her children are 11 and 13. I wasn't particularly close to her, but I still feel sad for the loss of someone I have known since I was a child. I remember many Thanksgivings and Christmases with our families all together.

I suspect that this is a particularly devastating blow for her mother. 5 years ago she lost her husband suddenly, and now her daughter is gone. I would imagine that she will be responsible for raising Lynn Ann's children now and I hope that all turns out well for their family.

No comments: